MANDATE, VISION AND MISSION OF COHEART
The Center for One Health Education, Advocacy, Research and Training, to be operationalized under KVASU will act as a consortium comprising of different partnering institutions from Kerala with an aim to address many of the future issues we face. It is a new approach not allowing issues of nation states or vested interests to hinder its way. Instead it takes account of them and uses them for its own altruistic aims. Hence, development of Centre for One Health will be a stepping stone towards shifting the development paradigm from “reactive” to a “proactive” approach where man, animal, and nature can complement each other. The Center enables to strengthen and Implement One Health problem solving projects that engage experts to develop viable plans of action for solving specific health problems in Kerala to commence with. Since the scope, priority and approaches are different in public health and animal health institutions, the centre will promote integrated and/or coordinated approach for implementation of ‘One Health’ approach. There is a gap in animal health and public health systems in most Asian countries which requires international partnership to narrow down such gaps with concrete action plan. The comparative advantage of each sector should be taken into consideration such as good laboratory capacity in veterinary sector, accurate clinical record of human health risks in medical sector and good epidemiological capacity in public health sector and all sectors can complement each other. The Center will function with the vision of establishment of closer professional interactions, collaborations, and educational opportunities across the veterinary and medical professions, together with their allied sciences, in order to improve the life of all species.
MANDATE OF COHEART
- Establishment of suitable facility for academic, research and training on One Health and developing liaison to facilitate One Health concept and its practice
- Empowering the human resources to face the challenging needs of Health sector with special reference to zoonoses control
- Develop One Health competency among various stake holders and graduates through dedicated courses and training
- Develop, implement and sustain strategies for One health practices by 'thinking globally while acting locally'.
VISION OF COHEART
The vision of Center for One Health Education, Advocacy, Research and Training is the establishment of closer professional interactions, collaboration, and educational opportunities across the veterinary and medical professions, together with their allied sciences, in order to improve the life of all species.
MISSION OF COHEART
- Improve the lives of all species-human and animal-through the integration of human medicine, veterinary medicine and environmental science
- Face new global challenges by creating synergies through cross-sectoral collaborations
- Advocate One Health concept at policy level